Saturday, June 24, 2006

100 bottles of beer on the wall . . .

Baggie containing several Zantac pills: Check.

Sneakers, not flip-flops (I certainly don't want to get any ralph splashback on my feet): Check.

ATM card: Check.

iPod (for the long T ride at the end of the day): Check.

Irish national football team jersey, circa 1997: Check.

Comfortable boxer shorts: Check.

Years of pent-up hatred for the Germans: Check.

I am now officially ready for my all-day World Cup bender. I've drawn up my will and if I don't make it out of The Field alive today, I've bequeathed this blog to my good friend Tim A. Even though he hates the Scots.

Hear them for yourself. Download:

"Tie On One" by Aberfeldy.

"I Wonder If You're Drunk Enough To Sleep With Me Tonight" by ballboy.

"Alcoholiday" by Teenage Fanclub.