Monday, October 09, 2006

Power of glam compels you

One of my older brothers popped by this weekend. You know, one of them I'm-here-to-hang-with-you-but-really-here-to-check-up-on-you type visits. That's cool; I understand he's got sibling duties to perform and all.

At my insistence, we drove everywhere in his car. I haven't been in an automobile since Moving Day back in early September and it was nice to travel somewhere butt planted on cushiony cushion, rather than the adamantine seats in our lovely local transit. Plus, the smell of pine tree car freshner, no matter how pungent, is better than the acrid stench of hobo pee-pee.

Anyway, rides all over Manhattan in my brother's '89 Civic meant I was subjected to his heinous mix tapes. More Eighties hair rawk than you can shake a stick at. Most of it I could endure, but when Britny Fox came on, I had to implore him to shut it off. My sincere hope is, one day my brother will be riding to Damascus when a blinding light will flash around him, knocking him to the ground. He will then be converted, his evil music ways behind him.

Speaking of Sauls and Pauls, Mr. Stanley here (left) is one frightening looking individual. I pointed this out to my brother, but he wanted nothing of it. He defended Starman's right to look like he belongs as a display in a wax museum.

Two of my brother's favorite artists are coming out with new albums: Winger and Paul Stanley. Listen and . . . er, enjoy.

"On A Day Like Today" and "Four Leaf Clover" by Winger.

"Bulletproof" and "Lift" by Paul Stanley.